Monday, January 16, 2006
men have a whole different understanding of clean...
Ok, it has been 13 weeks of bedrest now. That means my husband has been responsible for cleaning the house for 13 weeks. Some things I have learned to give over on but others I am still constantly amazed by. He freaks out on the state of our son's bedroom but it doesn't bother him at all to have his own clothes ALL OVER our bedroom. He laments empty mineral water bottles around the house but isn't bothered at all by not having cleaned the shower in 3 months. He will spend time scraping and repainting drawers to perfection (when all I asked was that they glide a little smoother) yet can gloss over the nasty goo around the base of the toilet. Really, some day some one has got to explain to me what men mean by "clean."
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
3 comments:
They 'project' clean much better than 'daily necessity' clean. Dylan can build a garage, re-do floors, completely build out a basement, re-plumb anything, hang 20 pictures in one day and even do the dishes on a regular basis (while i'm cooking). However, he has NEVER cleaned the hardwood floors. Some part of him does not agree with swiffers. Who knows why? He'll vaccuum, but NEVER the wood floors. it's freaky weird, but as long as he'll do all the laundry, I'm going to just go with it. I agree though, guys are weird when it comes to cleaning.
FREAKS!!! They are all FREAKS!!!!
I hate to be the bearer of unhappy/unwelcome news of things to come and maybe it is just my tough luck with men, BUT, I have found that the amount of housework a man does decreases exponentially with each child they father.
Post a Comment