Tuesday, January 10, 2006

how important are initials?

Ok, so I am not planning on spelling DAM with my child's initials or anything but my husband and I are having a "discussion" about any first names starting with B. He thinks having the initials BM gives the right to invoke a Marv quote (see post below) and I think he is over-reacting. Anything officially monogrammed is going to have all 3 initials anyway and if that's the best kids can do with the name on the playground (BM being nerdy parent shorthand for bowel movement), then we have done quite well.

3 comments:

eM said...

and how many things will you ever really get monogrammed in your life anyway??

Altho now that i got married, i kind of want to get things monogrammed and it's not because i'm all burbed out (moved--but still in Mpls) or something and have a desire to be donna reed.

My initials are now: EJEBL (previously EJEL) and my husbands are DALB (previously DAB). Or Emily JEB Lein and Dylan AL Bijnagte. we got married, added our last names to one anothers and now we're southern hicks. who woulda thot?

Nice belly, btw :)

maternity pants are liking me more now. they still fall down a bit, but less than before.

Lisa said...

Well, the kid can take comfort in the fact the he/she will have 3 cousins with the initials BS. I think it will be fine as long as you don't use a vowel as the middle initial, such as BAM or BUM.

Jege (Jen) said...

or DUM