This is the famous line from my father on some of the names that have been suggested for his grandkids. It has been invoked many times as we embark again on the excrutiating agony of naming a child with the very common last name of Miller...
I still vote for Beck if it's a boy. Besides, YOU'RE the one carrying the kid, and YOU'RE the one who has to push it out of your no-no place, so you should get to fucking name it, no questions asked.
Don't tell anyone what you're going to name the kid until it's born and then just announce it--AFTER it's on paper and all legal and shit.
My in-laws did that and wow, what a smart idea. We're going to as well just so it's not up for debate. If it were, so far Wolfgang, Mangheld and Fuckface woudl be contenders.
I can't wait. Somehow I have no problem waiting to find out the sex but I feel compelled to discuss names. Mainly because I know with hormones raging I am apt to do something weird in the name realm and I just couldn't live with the guilt when the kid turns 6 and comes back bloody from the playground because of its name...
Oh man, all I really have is a short list of names I don't hate. Gretta? Gillian? Dane? All serious suggestions will be considered to whomever wants to offer them...
THat was the name that my grandpa always suggested to his pregnant daughters and daughters in law. He suggested it so much (well there were so many grandchildren) that I even remember it being discussed (laughed at). Now, however, I kind of like it.
13 comments:
I still vote for Beck if it's a boy. Besides, YOU'RE the one carrying the kid, and YOU'RE the one who has to push it out of your no-no place, so you should get to fucking name it, no questions asked.
especially since it is going to look like eric after all that work anyway...
Don't tell anyone what you're going to name the kid until it's born and then just announce it--AFTER it's on paper and all legal and shit.
My in-laws did that and wow, what a smart idea. We're going to as well just so it's not up for debate. If it were, so far Wolfgang, Mangheld and Fuckface woudl be contenders.
I can't wait. Somehow I have no problem waiting to find out the sex but I feel compelled to discuss names. Mainly because I know with hormones raging I am apt to do something weird in the name realm and I just couldn't live with the guilt when the kid turns 6 and comes back bloody from the playground because of its name...
The above quote came about when mom suggested naming Rod "Marv Junior".
What names are you considering? I'll give my opinion. I do like the name Beck.
Beck Miller
It works. ONly if it is a boy though. Otherwise it looks like Becky. That just won't fly.
Oh man, all I really have is a short list of names I don't hate. Gretta? Gillian? Dane? All serious suggestions will be considered to whomever wants to offer them...
And fear not, Becky totally sucks as a girl name.
I vote for Gretta and Beck. Or possibly Dane, or Zane.
Scratch that. Let's go Amish. I vote for Levi or Lemuel.
Levi, stop chasing the pigs in the yard and practice your German!
Levi is cool!
Jen, what do you think of:
Luke Rudolph Miller
THat was the name that my grandpa always suggested to his pregnant daughters and daughters in law. He suggested it so much (well there were so many grandchildren) that I even remember it being discussed (laughed at). Now, however, I kind of like it.
You can use our girl name: Madeline
You can say she was named after the first woman Secretary of State! That's perfect for a Miller!
Lemuel, if you don't clean your room RIGHT NOW, you are soooooo fucking shunned!!!!
Post a Comment