Wednesday, November 02, 2005

is it too late for a trade in? upgrade?

Well, my streak of crappily named bodily issues continues unabated. Add "irritable uterus" to irritable bowel, incompetant cervix and goiter. By names alone my body is that of a 76 yr old grumpy woman and thanks to the maternity clothes and hormones, I tend to feel like a 76 yr old grumpy woman who just happens to have an alien gestating...

10 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Okay, I laughed out loud at that. Perhaps your body's name is Edna...

eM said...

If it makes you feel any better, Jege and my dad got 'little league elbow' at the youthful age of about 55 or 60.

And all pregnant women have an alien gestating, you're not alone! :)

eM said...

Jege's dad...not jege herself...DAMNIT....

dawn said...

Yeah, and the real joy is that Baby B loves to kick it all - the uterus, the cervix and the bowel. Ain't pregnancy great?

eM said...

Well, it's got to feel a bit comforting to know that it's kicking and doing well though, huh?

The very early stage feels a bit too paranoid. What if it's a square one-eyed flipper baby? What if something is horribly wrong and the tests just haven't shown it yet and when they look closer, the doctors' face goes white, the nurse screams, the whole scene goes b&w and it's rosemary's baby all over again? hrmm. i think this is one of the things that fades in the second trimester...

dawn said...

Yup and then there was me, 10 weeks pregnant the first time around sitting in the doctor's office the first visit absolutely *positive* the doctor was going to laugh and send me home because I wasn't really pregnant. Man, hormones do wacky things... And I hate to tell ya, but the whole damn 10 months is nothing but paranoia. Cheers!

Lisa said...

What exactly is an irritable uterus? Aren't they all that way? Or is it just that the uterus usually makes the woman irritable one way or another?

dawn said...

An irritable uterus (aside from making the woman irritable) is one that contracts easily and there is no guarantee that they are braxton-hicks contractions that don't change the cervix or regular ones that do.

eM said...

Is there going to be a new pic so that Lisa can get cranky at you for looking good while pregnant again?

I know it's probably a bit sick, but ahh, knowing that other sisters are cruel, clever and witty towards each other just makes me feel warm inside. Or perhaps it's just gas or the fact that i can no longer control my own temperature in any logical fashion. Which leads me to question who the hell thought it would be a good idea to make maternity turtleneck sweaters? Why doesn't everything button up as it should?

dawn said...

Soon. I am hoping to get a weekly belly shot up. And man, don't get me started on being hot. Then I am cold. Shivering cold. Then I am so hot I get nauseous. Argh. And as for ranting on maternity clothes, we can get into that in a whole new blog entry cause if you are only complaining about the tops, you ain't seen nothing yet...