Friday, November 25, 2005

mmmmmm....holiday cheer.....

Well, I survived my first of the 3 big holidays without alcohol and I gotta tell ya, it just isn't the same. **sigh** My plan for getting through Christmas and New Year's revolves squarely around food (gonna enjoy every damn bite of pie this year and bring on the fondue for ringing in the new year!) but I have to be honest, the though of my first totally sober office holiday party has me completely wigged out....

2 comments:

eM said...

***sigh*** indeed. the alcohol-free wine is crap--a good tangy vinagrette offers more of a good merlot bite than the juice-esque icky stuff that i'm sure will stain your teeth w/out that happy warm relaxing feeling it also provides. Odouls is tolerable, but not really 'good.'

dawn said...

There really is no good alternative. I tried all the beers last time around and it just isn't worth it. I say screw it and throw a half shot of something in your hot chocolate and toast the world.