Monday, November 14, 2005

fucking women's work is never done...

That, my friends, is a direct quote from my husband a few weeks ago. It has become the snarky battle cry of the house this pregnancy as he realizes that adding a 5 yr old introduces a whole new world of crap to trying to keep a household clean and running smoothly - as opposed to the last time when it was just the 2 of us.

8 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Poor Eric. (snicker)

dawn said...

Yeah, I pointed out to him that his women's work would be done as of March but he is still going to milk it for all it's worth until then...

Lisa said...

This is wrong on so many levels. I'll have to put it in outline form.

A-It's "house"-work, you pig.
B- It only took him 5 years to realize this.
C-Dmm, you seem to sympathize with the poor fellow.
D-My very own husband doesn't even realize that a "FUCKING WOMEN'S WORK IS NEVER DONE!"

eM said...

Hmmm...Does "women's work" include dishes? I've decided to ignore them and see what happens (2 days--not so good, but at some point i think he'll cave). I've already let laundry go. Granted i end up wearing some rather interesting clothing, but i've got more socks and underwear so i can hold out longer.

dawn said...

God, I am still laughing at the outline form of Lisa's comment...

Jege (Jen) said...

Em: It will not work. you are in a Mexican standoff, housework-style. Just give in before the clouds of fruit flies start swarming around your teetering piles of putrid dishes. It will just make you mad, and he won't understand why, because men are stupid and women are crazy.

dawn said...

I have to agree with Jege on this one. The only reason my husband is doing housework is because he was in the room with me when the doctor told him I was not allowed to do it myself anymore. And to be honest I am kind of surprised we don't have a maid yet...

eM said...

I completely agree that men are stupid and women are crazy, but he did the dishes last night! Don't worry, i'd never try this w/ the hardwood floors. dust bunnies would attack and eat the cat before he did the floors.