As I am laying in bed trying to get comfortable around my aching hips and various other pregnancy related issues it hits me, what the hell was I thinking?!? I love my son. But I have finally gotten past a lot of the nitty gritty hard stuff like 3am feedings and potty training and I am starting over??? Am I freakin' nuts?
Sure, sure, when the baby is born I will be fine and will love it unconditionally and all that other maternal stuff but let me be human here in the 2nd trimester and express what everyone one who has more than one child knows. There is no logical reason to have more than one child. It is all purely the work of hormones. You thought they were out of control in high school. Bah. You thought the ticking of your biological clock was driving you insane? Pfffft. The urge to have more than one offspring in the face of overwhelming adversity makes them all seem amateurish. And thanks to bedrest for the next 8 weeks I got nothing but time to ponder it again and again....
Sunday, November 27, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
What?!! you're on bedrest now?!!!
Honey, I have been on level 2 bedrest since week 19 which was just after coming off 2 weeks of real bedrest. Welcome to my pregnant reality.
It must be hormones. I have been telling you for over 2 years to just stick with one!
And you were right. But my brain lost to my hormones and now I won't be sleeping through the night for a goodly while and be wearing constantly stained clothes....
Don't worry, Dawn. I'll be there, telling you "Hey Dawn? The kid just barfed all over the place. By the way, I've got to get going...." :)
Post a Comment