Wednesday, April 05, 2006
what's THAT for???
So asked the 5 yr old this morning as I was getting ready to shower. He was referring to the ginormous pad I was throwing away. I told him I was still healing from Charlotte being born. He then, with the enourmous tact and wisdom of someone of his age, said "She came out down there?!?"
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
HAHAHAHAHA!!!!
How did you explain THAT one? :)
Luckily he was still pissed enough about having to take a shower himself that he didn't pursue the subject beyond that...
It's so weird that he doesnt push the issue about how babies are made & how they "get out". At his age, I was all over that shit. I had to know EVERYTHING (I've always been very into specifics). Then, once I knew, I couldnt look at my parents for about a year without shuddering. When they had Amy, then I knew for sure that what they had said was correct. EWWWWW.
I think they want to know, then find out a little bit more than they did know, realize it is gross, and try to forget it as quickly as they can. At least that's what I do.
You do have to tell me, though, what you said after his comment. I would be scared dumbstruck.
Lisa, tell that story again about how you got to open a new box of cereal after you walked in on Marv & Fran that one time....
God, I hope your parents don't read this blog.
That was pretty much his reaction. Luckily he was distracted by the shower or we might have had to play show and tell in a way I would just not be comfortable...
Post a Comment