As I am hormonally lamenting the lack of a baby book for Charlotte (it's that book you use to keep track of all the "cute" changes and firsts for your baby), I realized that what I really need is a *real* baby book. One that tracks what's truly important in you and your child's life such as...
-first time out of the house without a well stocked diaper bag and you have a giant diaper blowout
-first time out of maternity clothes
-first time sobbing over nothing thanks to postpartum hormones
-first time getting 5 hours of sleep in a row
-first time the baby just cries for an hour and there is absolutely nothing you can do about it
-first fight with spouse over who has changed more poopy diapers
-first time you leave the house without wearing a giant pad or even a panty liner
-first time you look down while nursing and realize your breast is larger than your baby's head
-first shower where you aren't reduced to tears when the spray hits your breasts
Thursday, April 13, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
Although I don't want someone else to steal our million dollar idea, Karla and I were thinking that there needs to be a Subsequent Baby Book. (as opposed to the first baby book) It would be a total of about 4 pages from birth to age 10, including family history pages. Parents could choose among 3-4 firsts, as opposed to 20-30 in the first baby book. No dental or doctor records. Throw in a couple pictures - whatever someone has given you. And you are done!
I fucking love it! Make it small enough to fit inside the box of stuff I am too lazy to scrap book and you have a winner.
Post a Comment