Thursday, April 27, 2006

today's nostalgia trip: picture pages

Sebastian being home sick reminds me of the glorious times I was home sick as a child. I never remember the pain and vomiting (luckily he isn't or he wouldn't be on the couch), but I do remember the chicken noodle soup and the tv. Picture Pages, Electric Company, Read All About It. Mysterious shows that only came on when I was at school and man did it make being sick cool when I was a kid...

7 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

What about 3-2-1 Contact and the Bloodhound Gang!!! And then in the afternoon, Jonny Quest and Scooby Doo (the pre-Scrappy Doo days, of course. Scrappy killed the show).

dawn said...

Oh god I loved Johnny Quest. A friend of mine from high school married a guy who is a dead ringer for Johnny Quest's dad...

Jege (Jen) said...

You mean... Dr. Benton Quest *said in a deep, booming voice*

dawn said...

That's the one. And a pox to those who thought there was something going on between Dr. Quest and Race. They were just good friends who traveled together!

Jege (Jen) said...

I was more concerned about Hadji.

Who the fuck was he, and why was he living with Jonny, Dr. Quest, and Dr. Quest's platonic man-friend?!!! I now realize that Dr. Quest & Race were actually members of NAMBLA, and that Hadji was their plaything.

As for Jonny, well he fondled Bandit. I just know it.

dawn said...

Were you able to type "platonic man-friend" with a straight face? Cause it is still crackin' me up...

Jege (Jen) said...

Hee hee. Me too. :)