Just as I had to learn to interpret her kicks in the womb, I am learning her cries and body language...
-red faced and squirmy = firing up the ass cannon
-squirming while nursing = burp me
-mouth open wide and head turned to the side = hungry
-mouth open wide and head turned to the side + angry wail = "feed me already goddamit!"
-arched back with arms flailing = over stimulated
-arched back with arms flailing + crying = "I'm so tired I can't stand myself"
-arched back with arms flailing + crying herself hoarse = she's so tired we can't stand her
Thursday, April 20, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
oh gawed, I'm going to be bad at this whole parenting thing.
You mean the womb kicks mean something??? I'm sooo screwed!
Last night she was wiggling like mad and totally freaking out and all I could think was, "I'm getting 12 hours of sleep this evening because you seem to need it and all you can do is squirm?"
(I normally don't sleep 12 hours a night, but after barely making it through the day yesterday on 9 hours, I figured I should try something a bit more. grrrr...back to 1st trimester narcolepsy!)
Bah, you will be fine. I will warn you, there is a reason they are so cute when they are born, otherwise we would chuck them out the window the first 1 hour crying jag...
The womb kicks don't mean anthing!
Do they?
Like what do they mean? I never figured anything out.
People! It's sarcasm! Go back and check the archives for November to see the post called "ah, the high kicks" to see what I was referring to...
Whew!
I thought your were being a really weird, no arm pit shaving, crunchy granola chic with the womb kick thing!
Post a Comment