Wednesday, April 26, 2006

her own worst enemy...

Charlotte was kicking around in her activity gym yesterday while I was talking on the phone. All of the sudden she lets out this heart rending, ear piercing, betrayed wail of horrendous pain. I looked down to see what fell on her or bit her but she was still all by herself in the gym. Then I realized she had a white knuckle death grip on her own hair. I had the hardest time prying her little fingers off, the poor girl. Apparently she doesn't have to worry about her big brother pulling her hair, she can take care of that all by herself...

5 comments:

eM said...

Human babies are soo funny!!

My friend who had a baby in January said that at times, her little sweetie would start waving her arms and then get confused and scared and wave them more and totally freak out! She didn't know what they were and certainly didn't get the idea that they were hers. Swaddling the munchkin helped and kept those nasty mean arms at bay.

Jege (Jen) said...

She pulled her own hair?!!

And babies are afraid of their own arms?

Maybe Devin is right, babies are stupid....

KIDDING!! I KID!!!! Devin is NEVER right.

dawn said...

Not only didn't she realize it was her own arm, she didn't realize it was her own hair. Poor girl. And yeah, the arms flailing around freak them out which is why we swaddle them. But to get my mom to understand that I am not hurting and actually helping calm her down by swaddling tight was just not possible...

Jege (Jen) said...

Oh, Fran....

dawn said...

It's awfully cute how Fran couldn't stand to listen to Charlotte cry...