Tuesday, October 02, 2007

beach house redux

I am taking a break from packing (take that, E!) to contemplate just how different my upcoming beach house visit will be from the last. I had the great fortune to spend 30 hours with adults only at the beach house of a friend of a friend of a friend this past weekend. Upon arriving home my 7 yr old asked me what we did and to be honest, I had to wrack my brain to come up with something suitable to tell him. Something other than the truth, of course, which was FAR too grown up for his impressionable ears. I settled for telling him that since there wasn't a tv/cable, we spent most of our time talking and listening to records. (cue snickering)

This time around I will be with family and to my husband, beach house days are sacred family time. Luckily it still involves alcohol. Anyone who just saw me pack the back of our car is trying to figure out if I am out to rescue the homeless in Portland singlehandedly with food and clothing or if I am on a trip for a few months. Sadly, all I get is 4 days at the coast. And I am going to do my best to live it up during all of them.

ps. Thank you Jen and Carol! And I am still singing Eminence Front in my head...

No comments: