pointing at apron: "Is that an apron?"
watching me stir: "Are you stirring?"
watching me put vanilla and eggs in dough: "Why do you put that in the cookies?"
watching me open the bag of chips: "Is that chocolate?"
watching me put the chips in the dough: "Are you making chocolate chip cookies?"
**sigh**
God save me (and my sanity) from preschoolers...
Monday, October 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
ok I get the "What if" questions when she obviously knows the damn answers while asking the damn question!
Examples:
What if it were raining outside and we were standing in the rain?
What if we had a wish machine and when we wished our wish would come true.
What if Grandma were my Mom.
What if Dad was allergic to cats and not dogs. (we have a dog and she wants a cat)
And these are only a few of the "what ifs"
Oh yes. The Land of Hypothetical Questions is for the early elementary crowd. Sebastian LOVES to ask those and they drive me equally batty.
Charlotte was asking those questions?!!!
Nope. She will in about another year and a half. That was Kate and Spencer, the neighbor kid next door. It was Kate who inspired the post though since I had her all afternoon.
Uhh, sorry about Kate. Man, that girl is persistant. If you try to ignore the question, she will just keep asking over and over again. It really doesn't bother her to ask the same question 50 times. She will follow you around the house even, still asking the same question.
Here's what was getting me about the whole thing - SHE KNEW THE ANSWER EACH TIME SHE ASKED THE QUESTION. And, I realize that I am only marking time till Charlotte goes through the exact same stage. Weeeeeee!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
Sometimes I will tell her something like, "Eat over your plate so you don't spill food all down your shirt." She will then ask, "Why?"
AAAARRRRRRGGGGGGGHHHHHHH
Next time she asks one of those inane questions, just tell her that you'll answer her IF she can tell you the number of carbon-12 atoms in 12 grams of unbound carbon-12 in its ground state.
I love you, Jege.
Me too Jege...but I'm not smart enough to even ask that question.
I AM SO SMART!!!! S-M-R-T!!!!
Post a Comment