And no, I wasn't hanging out at Steam on Sandy (local Portlanders should get that reference). Some guy came to my door trying to sell me wholesale meat. Supposedly they had a few boxes leftover, were delivering down the street and wanted to get rid of them to go home - it is Friday afternoon after all. Yes, being the midwestern carnivore that I am, I bought some. 3 boxes worth. At a screaming deal no less. Still, I feel shifty. Apparently, though I won't give money to random solicitors who come to my door for untold good causes, show me some nice looking fillet mignon and I will whip out the checkbook.
But damn if I am not going to enjoy those steaks.
Friday, October 19, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
OH yeah we have done that here in the good ol midwest, deep freeze in the back of the truck, we bought the meat! Pretty good stuff to. Felt a little weird buying it, like how old is it really?
He was quick to point out that it was packaged just a few weeks ago - if the numbers are to be believed anyway....
Anxious to hear how it tastes and how you felt hours after eating the meat.... keep us posted.
Unless something better comes along, it's on the menu this week for supper. Will keep you posted.
Wait. You bought MEAT from a door-to-door salesman?!! I'd worry less about the "Black Market" part, and more about whether or not it is USDA-regulated. How do you know it's even beef? It could be horse or cat. OR, it could contain higher-than-acceptable levels of spinal tissue, and an increased possibility of exposure to Prions!
Ah Jen. I love your optimism!
I have since found out that it was legit (they do indeed deliver to neighbors down the street) and that it does taste well (had steak last night) and that I really SUCK at grilling.
Post a Comment