Monday, January 01, 2007

i think i managed to sugar coat myself...

It took 2 weeks, the holiday season and a 6 yr old with a sweet tooth who likes to bake, but I do believe I have managed to give myself a candy coating. It definitely feels like a candy coating. With a nice liquor filled center.

Yes, I have overloaded on all things sweet this year thanks to the realization that this will be my last Christmas while nursing. My last chance to eat with abandon knowing that even without lifting one muscle I am still bleeding 500 calories a day through breastmilk. I took that chance and ate the hell out of it. Now I am actually looking forward to tomorrow when it all comes to an end. No, I am not weaning tomorrow, but my husband goes back to work and my son back to school and reality once again intrudes on my sugary confection of a vacation at home...

No comments: