Monday, January 15, 2007

au/eau natural

Ok, in an attempt to stop giving myself breast cancer with the aluminum in my beloved Secret Solid Unscented deodorant, I am trying one of those ridiculously expensive, all natural deodorants. I am now on week 2 and instead of sexy pheromones, I just feel as though I stink. My friend Devin told me when he quit antiperspirants, it took 3 MONTHS for his body to adjust. I gotta be honest, I am not sure I will make it and it is only 32 degrees out right now. What the hell am I going to do when it hits 50 and I might actually break a sweat?????

5 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Winter is the best time to start the natural deodorant. By the time summer rolls around, you'll be all acclimated to it.

Just be prepared for Lisa to mock you, and tell the story about how I was all pro-natural deodorant UNTIL I spent a few days in the oppressive jungle of Des Moines in July.

dawn said...

Wait a minute! Lisa can't mock me, she is the one who attempted the mineral crystal thing in Iowa City in JULY!

Lisa said...

It used to work for me until I had kids. The pregnancies totally fucked up my body chemistry and most deoderants, including ones with aluminum, stopped working. I have found ONE now that works and it has aluminum.

I'm curious, after the 3 month waiting period, what happens to your body? How exactly does it adjust?

Lisa said...

And, why do all the natural deoderants have to smell like Old Spice?

dawn said...

Well, for the record, I do NOT recommend ALBA brand. It didn't smell like old spice and apparently that's why it sucks.