We are in the process of remodeling the basement. It is a very long story that I will boil down for you this way, we need another bedroom. Now, I learned at our old house two simple lessons when it comes to remodeling with my husband.
1. He is capable of doing anything. And doing it well. If he has the time. Ah, yes, TIME.
2. I have much lower standards than he does.
Most people know we are in the process of remodeling. Most people know we have the new windows in the basement and have had them done since September. Most people ask me if we are done with the basement or even more innocently, how the remodel is going. My reply? Pffffttt.
Let's just say, I am no longer holding my breath. Nor asking when he thinks it will be done. I have given over and am trying to embrace sleeping in the sun room and trying NOT to think about how great it will be when the project is done. As a mom, it is my job to be ruthlessly realistic about life. Potty training will suck beyond anything you can imagine. My daughter will walk before 10 months. The basement will get done before the end of 2007. Maybe.
Monday, January 08, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
Oh please...a mere 4 months? We are still working on our upstairs remodel, that we started when I was pregnant with my second child. She is now 3.5 YEARS old!
Ah, sweet justice. Eric took a look at the permit and realized that he has till February 10 to get the work done or file for an extension. Needless to say, a fire has been lit under his ass...
So, the permits are good for something then!
Believe it or not, yes they do. And getting to sell this house eventually as a 3 bedroom, 2 bath house? Gonna be worth every penny of the permits...
Post a Comment