Friday, December 29, 2006

last night my husband turned into my brother-in-law...

But in a good way. Let me give you a bit of backstory on my sister's in-laws. They never go ANYWHERE without a cooler of beer. Seriously.

We were getting set to watch tv after the kids were in bed and I notice that he had changed into the Nyren Uniform. The Nyren Uniform is the preferred outfit by my sister, her husband and 2 kids. It consists of track pants and a sweatshirt. He added his European soccer twist by wearing socks and flip flops to it. As we were gathering up our provisions (my husband has a thing about stopping a movie to get another drink), I see him wrestling our small, soft-sided cooler. Yup, he packed a cooler to watch a movie. In a sad, lazy kind of way, I have to admit, it was brilliant.

8 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

I hope you settled in to watch little miss sunshine!!!

Lisa said...

I bet Tom (aforementioned brother-in-law) will be bummed that he didn't think of that.

Lisa said...

this is a test to see if my picture comes through...

Lisa said...

where the hell is my picture?!

dawn said...

Where the hell is your picture????

And I am telling you, E stops the movie for no man's bladder or thirst.

Lisa said...

OOOh, I thought Eric WOULD stop a movie for a beer run. I totally misread that. Karla forgot to mention that Tom will bring out 3-4 beers all in ice coozies and stack them up on the end table for his viewing pleasure.

Lisa said...

YEA!!!the picture finally came through!

dawn said...

The picture is quite cute. And I am taking full credit for bringing it back to your attention with my birthday announcement in the newspaper last summer.