Laurie Notaro
The Idiot Girls' Action-Adventure Club: I am only up to page 63 but I am already in love with it. It is beautifully written, painful, sarcastic and true. It's every bad night drinking and every great line you have ever managed to say out loud in public all rolled into one book. And the best part? She has written more books....
For those of you who don't know if you are an honorary Lein girl, here's there website for your viewing pleasure:
http://leingirlz3.blogspot.com/
Oh yes, and a hearty thank you to MK for suggesting the author to me. You were right.
Thursday, July 28, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
11 comments:
Finally! I have been waiting for you to recommend something with enthusiasm. I'll let you know how I think it ranks as soon as I can. I am a LeinGrrl WannaBe!
I am indeed a Lein girl! I must read this book :)
In fact, all 3 Lein girlz and the original honorary Lein girl (Kari-cita) all converged in Mpls last eve for a bizarre reunion! Jege, first ever Lein girl is now on her way back to Portland.
I just ordered it from Amazon.....this Lein Girl can hardly wait!!!!
OK, I being the cheap one of the bunch apparantly, just got this one at the Library. It is SO a Lein Girl saga. I am convinced that one of the actual original Lein's must have written it under a psuedonym.
wait just a minute, are you calling me FAT? Is that what youre doing?!!!!
:)
She's calling you "PHAT", yo. Word.
And for the record, you aren't the only cheap one, I got it from the library too...
I'm cheap too!!! I just have book-buying problem. I can stop anytime I want to. I just don't want to.
I just read it, and this Leingirl gives it 2 thumbs up!!!
i bought it too. i'm going to start it tonight.
I also bought 'Confessions of a slacker wife' - LOVE!!!! already read that one..damn..soo fun. and true..
LOVE the book!!!!!!
Post a Comment