Ok, I try. Every time the library gets one of her books, I try. They even have some great premises. And I read them from cover to cover. But man, I just hate this author.
Why?
They are all set in Minnesota and being from the midwest, that is entertaining. They have some nice witty dialogue. They have a down to earth quality that is endearing. What they don't have is any heart. I have yet to read a story of hers where I actually CARED about the characters or had any sympathy for them whatsoever. Its getting tedious reading about people that you would rather throw a drink at than talk to. They are strange, self absorbed people that I wouldn't want to be friends with let alone identify with for about 250 pages.
Basically what I am saying is, I am going to try and spare anyone else the pain I have endured. Please, for the love of all that is good and holy, DO NOT READ THIS AUTHOR.
Tuesday, July 26, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment