Don't make me do math when telling me how old your kid is. I am usually asking out of niceness instead of interest and nothing is worse than having to divide by 12 to get my answer. Why? Cause there is a whole group of people out there stuck in months and sometimes weeks.
It's usually the first time parents and they often start from the beginning by not being able to give up telling you how old the child is in days. I am sorry, but by day 8 you need to start using weeks. Ditto week 5. Little Eddie is now a month, not 5 weeks. Kids grow up fast, get used to it.
Seriously, the most annoying for me is the month thing. I'll tolerate it up to 18 months and then I will mock you endlessly from 19 months on. I realize saying a year and a half is so much longer and you are still quite sleep deprived, but really, 19 is just unnecessary. There are even certain clothing stores I refuse to shop at because they support this crazy month habit and size things at 36 months. IT'S 3 YEARS, PEOPLE. You have a toddler and not an infant. Get over it.
Tuesday, July 24, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
Oh yeah sister...I agree! Childrens Place is the 36 month place, drives me crazy! Just say 3T!
Post a Comment