So, my husband has been wearing a pedometer lately. He is trying to monitor whether or not he is getting his recommended 10,000 steps a day. We even had a whole, loooooong discussion on whether or not each pedal of his bike commute really counted as a step, which his counter was counting, or it counted double. Needless to say, he was far more interested in that conversation than I...
But I was reminded of said conversation - and the fact that I have been meaning to wear a pedometer myself to see just how much trekking around I do- as I was pushing the largest cart known to man (and shaped like a racing car just to add to insult to injury) around the grocery store with both my kids in it. One wonders, does each step pushing 80+ pounds count double?
Monday, July 09, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
6 comments:
not to get too technical, but a pedometer measures distance. A step counter actually counts the number of steps taken.
Oh my god! Lisa went all math geek on Eric!
Plus you have to check the stride on the pedometer also, if your stride is bigger/smaller you have to adjust, now i am not sure if the pedometer found in a Froot Loop box will be that high tech.
The Fruit Loop box isn't far off. All 3 of our "step counters" (for lack of true knowledge on whether or not they are actual pedometers) came free one way or another.
K-bird - we are the ones who have the Froot Loop step counter.
I know you are the one with the Fruit Loop pedometer, just too funny. I have one that was given to me from work and you have to do something with your stride, very high tech....
Post a Comment