I get a lot of flack from people in the Northwest for not liking to camp. And I usually blame it on my love of the modern bathroom. Call me shallow, but I love having a sink and toilet to use at the end of the day.
But today, as I am filling up the wading pool for my kids, I came across the number 2 reason why I don't like to camp. Quite simply, I hate bugs. I killed 2 big gnarly spiders in the yard today (see, I go even one step further than my mother-in-law who's quote is the title of this post), and I gotta tell ya, Oregon has some wicked looking spiders. FAR more nasty than the lowly daddy long legs which is about all I remember from Iowa.
Alas, the great outdoors, for me, is enjoyed best in a beer garden.
Wednesday, July 11, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
A. I like a sink and toilet at the beginning of the next day too.
B. The daddy-long-legs out here FLY. Totally gross.
C. ditto on the beer garden
I really enjoy camping....
1. camping out on the sofa in front of the TV
2. camping out on the deck in a chair with a few beers.
3. ditto for me... beer garden!
Post a Comment