Now, I took photography in high school. I can develop my own black and white film and photos. Hell I could even reach back into my memory and maybe pull some bullshit answers about F stops and shutter speeds and foot candles out. But do I hate the flash on a new automatic camera? Nope. I love it. I happen to think it is one of the greatest features of cameras next to automatic focus. My husband, on the other hand, was probably happiest with the daguerrotype.
I love him but I also think he is misguided. Especially when it comes to digital cameras. As a person who started on old school black and white film, I start and end with my conviction that the grain will always be prettier than the pixel. That's not to say that I don't love my digital, I just happen to think real film pictures carry their own unique beauty and quality that digital has a hard time matching. But I digress...
My husband likes to have control. He loves to mess with shutter speeds and f stops and pretend that the flash was never invented. Or that he is man enough to be able to work a camera to the point of not needing it. Please. Get over yourself and use the damn flash in a low light situation. Fuck around with the picture in photoshop if "the light and color just aren't true enough" for you. I would rather have a decent picture upfront than a blurry one I have to retake. But that's just me...
Tuesday, December 20, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
5 comments:
Using a flash with a digital camera is almost a necessity....unless of course, you have Matt's camera.
The great thing about using the flash for the belly shots is that it "flattens out" the image, which is helpful for showing the belly progress from the side, and it corrects for color up-front, which, when time is at a premium, makes it all worth it, ERIC.
I'll be awaiting an email from Eric where he calls me "whore".
P.S.- I too love daguerrotypes, but digital cameras simply cannot duplicate their unique feel. I can set Eric up with some daguerrotype connections if he would like to start shooting the belly shots that way.
Yes, yes, I know; WHORE!!!!
Oh god. Don't get him started...
Hey Dawn, I'm flashing you!!! Get it? Flash?! Ha HA!!!
Fine. Screw all y'all.
*sulking*
Oh Jen, what am I going to do while you are "vacationing" in the midwest???
Post a Comment