Lego is King in my house and it comes directly from my husband down to my son. Growing up with more girls than boys, we had more Barbies than Brix Blox and I never played with Lego let alone bought it before I got married. For my husband, however, all 3 boys routinely got Lego sets as gifts. So much so that they would figure out which was the best value by having the most pieces per set - a method my mother-in-law still uses to buy sets for my son.
Now? I have a Lego magazine delivered monthly to my son and there is a GIANT trunk of it in the basement. We got one of those magazines in the mail yesterday but it came too late for my son to snatch it and spend the next 2 weeks memorizing it, so I flipped through it last night while waiting for my tea. My husband was working at the computer with his back to me.
Me: "Hey, honey! For a mere $499.99 you can have the Ultimate Collector's Millenium Falcon."
Him: "Wow. So, that has, what, 5,000 pieces?"
**pause to check magazine**
**pause for utter disbelief**
Me: "Uh, 5,195 to be exact."
Wednesday, October 22, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment