Wednesday, October 08, 2008

82 is the new 30 (or something like that)...

Apparently you have to be 82 these days to get your 15 minutes of fame. I am happy to say, I am a loooooong way from that, but I am hoping that I am as spry as the 82 year olds that keep popping up in the "news" these days.

First up, Cloris Leachman. I love her. She cracks me up and is an amazing actress. And I still can't believe she hasn't broken a hip on Dancing with the Stars while the beach volley ball chic is out with a snapped achilles heel. There is irony in there somewhere...

Next? The Hef! Yes, Hugh, 82, just broke up with his girlfriend. Why? Low sperm count. Seems his lady love wanted children and he can't provide. And that's all the further I want to go with that otherwise it quickly turns ICKY. Or I start thinking about broken hips and it gets ICKIER.

Finally, Helen. She says everything we are all feeling about Sarah Palin and John McCain and doesn't get in trouble for it because she's 82 and everyone can just go to hell. My idol.

3 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Someday Lisa & I are gonna be like Helen and Margaret in that photo; driving our scooters around the deck of a cruise ship after our husbands are dead.

dawn said...

Mary Kay and I will be right next to you drinking...

Jege (Jen) said...

We'll be a gang. But without the singing and finger-snapping.