Friday, October 17, 2008

jesus in a box

As I was walking my son to school this morning we came upon a bunch of recycling sitting at the curb. That, in and of itself, is totally mundane and in one of the greenest cities in the country. What struck me and caused me to stop, look, reread, look again and wonder was what was written on one of the pieces of cardboard waiting to be recycled.

It was obviously a box from a move which had the contents written on it.

"jesus
china cups
plates"

I don't know about you, but I don't often find myself needing to lable a moving box "jesus" let alone to put him in with the china. But then again, do you think he kept them safe from breaking during the move???

1 comment:

Jege (Jen) said...

No wonder I never found Jesus; he was in that box with the china all along!!!!