Most people who know me know that my hearing, at best, sucks. And I am a soft talker thanks to it - it always feels like I am shouting in my own head so I put no more effort into talking than I have to. All of this is a long way to go to explain that I am especially prone to things like getting lyrics/jingles wrong and I discovered another one the other day while driving.
I happened to be behind a Sara Lee truck and there was their little Jingle written on the back complete with musical notes. What got me was that I always thought it went "Nobody Does it Like Sara Lee!" Which made sense. And is what I sang. Except it's WRONG. The true jingle is "Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee." Which also makes sense. But is WRONG I tell you!
Friday, August 01, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
I am in complete agreement with you. I ALWAYS thought it was "nobody does it like sara lee". The other way, that weird double negative thing, is just stupid.
PS- you posted that at 4:20 pm. Heh-heh. 4:20. :)
Maybe they have changed the jingle! That is my thoughts, because I bet everybody thought it was Nobody does it like Sara Lee!
I finally went and looked it up. It truly is Nobody Doesn't Like Sara Lee. And I stand by its wrongness.
http://findarticles.com/p/articles/mi_m0BDW/is_30_41/ai_63744711
what's 4:20?
and thanks by the way for putting that crap ass song in my head.
Hey, at least now you are getting the words right...
Lisa, you of all people should know what 4:20 is!!!!
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/420_(cannabis_culture)
Post a Comment