Yes, cue the crotchety old voice. Drag out your moth-eaten cardigan. I am about to go curmudgeon on the Olympics' ass.
Let me start by saying, I am a total sucker for the Olympics. I watch the opening ceremonies. I get all misty at the medals ceremonies. I love seeing Al Roker try to speak new languages. Sue me. That said...
It totally sucks that they aren't on NBC ALL DAY LONG- not its affiliates which I don't get since I am one of the few out there with no cable. I don't want to watch Days of Our Lives when I could be watching hot young men in skimpy racing suits! I remember in 1984 I spent an entire 2 weeks in my basement watching them as non-stop as I could. Fencing? Ok. Judo? Sure. Rhythmic gymnastics? That shit was the coolest crap EVER to an 11 yr old girl. They get to twirl a ribbon and win gold??? Fucking awesome!
Even with it not on during the day, why the hell does it have to be delayed till prime time? I am not staying up till midnight for 2 weeks to see shit I can see ONLINE when I am happily awake. Cable may have killed me seeing all the events, but the internet put the nail in the coffin on me waiting for results till ungodly hours.
And finally, if you have the gall to make me wait till 8 to see certain events. JUST SHOW THE DAMN EVENTS. I don't want to see lame interviews with family members. I don't want to see Phelps and his ugly dog. I just want to see the gold medal race, thank you.
And now I am off to get my prune juice.
Wednesday, August 13, 2008
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
1 comment:
i know this is late, but i HATED NBC's coverage! I'm ok with their USA bias in the coverage to an extent. But how many goddamn BEACH VOLLEYBALL matches do I have to ENDURE? I mean, seriously. You see one, you've seen them all! And I would like to see the gold metal performances of all the sports. If i have to give up the 17th place finish of the American diver, that's fine. And where were all those weird field events, like the hammer throw, javelin, or even hop/skip/jump? OK, so I admit that I gave up watching at the end. It was all that fucking beach volleyball. Really disappointed NBC.
Post a Comment