Friday, August 22, 2008

at least there was no excel spreadsheet involved in the loading of this dishwasher

So, I got a new dishwasher for my anniversary. And anyone who has ever gotten a dishwasher knows that there is a learning curve involved in figuring out how to load a new dishwasher. My husband, god love him, goes right to the manual instead of my trial and error method. So, pardon the pictures of my dirty dishes, but I just couldn't pass this up...

Please note the silverware basket. I had the grates flipped up so they were open sections. He, following the diagram in the manual, put the grates back down and showed me the error of my ways. There are different size openings in the grates for different silverware. And yes, it drives me bat-shit crazy. I have since flipped one side up for his and hers silverware loading.


This is how I found the manual. All propped and ready for clear reference.


And yes, the close up so you too can see their helpful diagrams. As my husband has no doubt found, they aren't so great for our square bowls. This is where I am waiting for my husband to take the initiative to fire up Autocad and made his own diagrams. And you all think I am kidding...

5 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

I know you're kidding because Eric would never use Autocad. He would use REVIT.

dawn said...

Oh god, you are right- Autocad is soooooo 2006....

Karla said...

I am just scared that he opened the manual to see how you load a dishwasher! I am very particular on how I load my own dishwasher but there is NO manual involed. And yes, I get rather pissed at my husband who just shoves shit in there any ol' way....NO there is an order for placeing the dishes in there to get as many dirty dishes in that damn thing as possible. Yes, I have strong feelings on how a dishwasher should be loaded.....

Lisa said...

The most stunning thing in the procurement of the new dishwasher is that there was no spreadsheet involved in the PURCHASING decsion! And it only took one afternoon and one trip to one store! I think that is a Miller first.

dawn said...

Well, that wasn't our first time in that particular store - there was some minor preshopping done already. But still, I have to agree, it went REMARKABLY quickly.