Monday, August 18, 2008

biking with a boy...

I have to admit, I love my new bike. Biking with a 7 yr old? Not so much. At least the 2 yr old is trapped in the seat directly behind me and can't find her way into the path of traffic. Nor can she cut me off by microns while trying to get ahead of me. That said, here are my 2 favorite quotes by my son which should illustrate very well what it is like riding on city streets with a boy.

-----

"Mom, are we trying to ride on glass now?"
"No, but with you RIGHT NEXT TO ME and a parked car on the other side, I can't avoid it."

-----

"Mom! Why are we going so fast???"
"Because I am trying to get ahead of you, there is a car coming."

2 comments:

Karla said...

Well at least your bike rides are pretty peaceful... mine with a 5 year old usually sound like this.... SLOOOOOOW DOOOOWN! GEEEET OOOOOOVER! STOP! STOP! NOW STOP OR WE ARE GOING HOME! DO NOT TRY AND PASS YOUR SISTER! STOP! Not enjoyable! Thank god for bike trails because you will not have to hear me yell.... GET OVER every 3 seconds only when I see someone walking/running.

dawn said...

We have been on the hunt for a new bike for S and I am not sure whether it will be a blessing or a curse. He will finally have more than stand up and sit down gears but then he will be even more unhappy to ride in the back.