My daughter was trying to get up on my bed the other morning. I asked her to take her shoes off. She gave me the dog stare - "Huh?" I repeated that she had to take her shoes off if she was going to be on my bed or any furniture. It is a house rule. Then she did something she has never done before. And she did it with intelligence and cognizance.
She asked, "Why?"
Part of me was thrilled! She's so smart! She's interested! She is going to get cause and effect and I can explain things to her! Then the realization set in that the "why" stage is about to hit and if it was anything like it was with her brother, I may not make it. There is definitely not enough alcohol in the house for that...
Tuesday, November 27, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment