And for once I am not talking about my own kids.
There is a naughty little girl on the playground that I am *this close* to smacking. EVERY DAY she tests my resolve not to hit a child by either by pushing my daughter when she walks by or literally sticking her foot out at Charlotte and blocking her path. At least 2 other kids were victimized by this blackhearted soul while the mother was off kvetching in the corner.
I am not a confrontational person. I don't like to parent other peoples kids as a general rule (hell, I don't really like to parent my own). I like to give the benefit of the doubt on kids being kids. But this evil thing is testing my resolve. She isn't going to like it when I get past the nice voice "Please don't push her"/evil eye stage. Pass along any suggestions for playground retribution and I'll keep you posted if anything develops.
Tuesday, November 06, 2007
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
4 comments:
You just need to lay down the law! Bend down to her level and say in a low scary mean stern voice, you need to stop pushing and blocking my child or I will call the police and they will come and haul you off to jail..... Yep my husband actually used that line on a poor little boy back in our youth or PK days, pre kids. We still laugh at it today! Law the smack down on that unsupervised little shit!
Do not be afraid to law the smack down on other kids, I do it all the time, it is your parental right!
See, I needed some reassurance that I am not being just a bitchy hovering mom. I have new resolve to be proactive with the little shit.
Give em hell and let me know the out come! Plus... it is your right as a Mom to be a bitchy hovering Mom if you GD want to!
I agree with Karla. Get down on her level and give her a very stern warning. Also, add that you:
"NEVER want to see her pushing another child again. DO YOU UNDERSTAND?"
Talk to your hubby about this one...I've seen him lay down the law somethin' fierce on the little cousins.
Post a Comment