Wednesday, September 12, 2007
I have been "that person" lately thanks to my daughter
Who is that person? That person is the one whose kid is having a meltdown of epic proportions over not getting to push the shopping cart this way at Home Depot. I was that person trying to ignore the tantrum to just get my damn roller shades custom cut so I could leave the store as quickly as possible. That person truly is the most hated person in the store...
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
8 comments:
Since becoming a parent, I am not bothered by other kids tantrums as much. I just thank GOD that they are not mine at that particutlar moment in time.
That's the kicker for me, I have been so lucky for so long being the person thanking god it isn't my kids acting up that it's killing me being the tantrum mom again...
I love it! Little Miss Charlotte throwing tantrums! I have been "that parent" since my son has been in the terrible two's since he has been 9 months old, just now coming out of it and he is 4! At the stage where we can FINALLY take him places without people looking at me like dang that is an awful tantrum throwing kid, we have our days but not as bad.
You know I love Nickity Tickity with all my heart, but before he started the terrible two's at 9 months, he was what you would call "fussy". poor Karla. ;-)
Remember that time we were in the jewelry store and Charlotte let out this super loud high pitched squeal? Startled heads turned from all directions. I just laughed!
When I was Charlotte's age, my mom was carrying me through the mall in Milwaukee. When we got out to the car, and my mom moved me off of her shoulder and into my car seat, she saw the jewelry clasped in my fat little toddler fists. Yes, as we had walked by the earring displays, I had grabbed as much as my tiny fists could hold. She took it all back, bless her heart.
God love the honest midwesterners. My mother in law found 5 100 dollar bills in their new house AND CALLED THE OLD OWNER AND GAVE THEM BACK.
And then there is Jege practicing the old 5 finger discount as a toddler. Nice grab!
WHAT!!! I guess she never heard the old saying "finders keepers losers weepers!!"
Post a Comment