Thursday, February 15, 2007

bringing "righteous" back...

So, for some reason my 6 yr old and his friends like to kick it like it's 1986. I can not count how many times I have heard either my son or his friend say "Awesome!" during this playdate. Now, kids will repeat anything. ANYTHING. But I am pretty sure the last time I said "Awesome" it was followed by "Rad!" and "Gnarley..." and I was eating nerds while trying to find a way to convince my parents to let me see Top Gun one more time at the theater.

Can I tell you how crazy it is to hear a little voice shouting out "Awesome!"??? My girlfriend was wondering why "awesome" and not something equally old school like "righteous" so I vowed to do what I could to bring "righteous" back. Keep your ear on the kindergarten playground, people, and let me know if I am successful...

5 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

BITCHIN' !!!!!

Jege (Jen) said...

Or is it? Perhaps it is not bitchin'...perhaps it is HEINOUS. Whoa, Mr. Hand.

dawn said...

Bitchin Camero! That is so right up my son's alley. Jege, please don't teach him that or there will be no end...

Jege (Jen) said...

*singing*

Bitchin' camaro! Bitchin' camaro!
I ran over my neighbor.
Bitchin' camaro! Bitchin' camaro! Was in all the papers.
My folks bought me a bitchin' camaro with no insurance to match, so if I happen to run you down, please don't leave a scratch.
I ran over some old lady one night at the county fair, but I didnt get arrested, because my dad's the mayor!
Bitchin' camaro! Bitchin' camaro! Donuts on your lawn.
Bitchin' camaro! Bitchin' camaro!
Tony Orlando and Dawn!!!

Lisa said...

Come on Jen, find a link to that song and post it here...

kkkkkkkkkkkkkk
typed by Kate