I love my mother-in-law. She is a wonderful person. She, however, raised 3 boys and is the epitome of a midwestern pastor's wife. Needless to say, we tend to differ on our personal style. That said...
The UPS truck dropped off a box the other day with my name on it. Now, I am not only 2 weeks from giving birth but it is also days away from my birthday. I usually try to be that sickeningly good person who waits till the actual day to open presents but that day, the Crate and Barrel box was taunting me. I resisted its siren song for all of 35 minutes and then opened it. Much to my unparralleled glee, it was a birthday present for me. A good one. From my mother-in-law. For once, the first time in 13 years, she got it right. She nailed in a way that I am not sure she is going to be able to top for future presents. The woman who thanks to one careless comment from me years ago has been buying me barbie ornaments (!!!) for my christmas tree bought me 2 cool mugs for tea. Exactly the ones I wanted. Did I get to savor this gift buying miracle for even 24 hours? Nope. You guessed it, that night my husband broke one of the mugs accidentally.
**update**
So, I have to give props to Crate and Barrel for coming through on replacing the mugs. I noticed the morning after we had broken the one mug that the handle of the other had a flaw in it and they not only replaced the flawed mug but gave us the mate for free. And NO ONE ELSE is allowed to use my mugs. So don't even ask.
Thursday, March 09, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
So, is your replacement mug in your kitchen cabinet yet???? I mean, it's the least he can do since you are gestating his CHILD!
God I wish. It only gets worse as I noticed that the handle of the other mug seems to be cracked too. I think I give up.
Post a Comment