Wednesday, March 29, 2006

again, did i mention the waiting?

Well, I was scheduled for a 5 am induction this morning. That's not to say I am all that prepared to go into labor. To be honest, anyone who signs themself up for pushing another human out an orifice is a little off their rocker but usually by the time you get to that critical point of the process you are so beaten down that you just push on to get it the hell over with. But I digress...

I was scheduled for a 5 am induction. In my husband's mind this means we get up, go in, have a baby. At 5 am. In reality, it's a lot like the Seinfeld episode where they are trying to get their reservation at a car rental place. Apparently you can "schedule" an induction, yet you can't always "keep" an induction. You guessed it, after 17 weeks of bedrest, a cerclage, and 5 days past my due date I am still pregnant.

**update**
I am due at the hospital at 12:30. For real this time. Oy.

2 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

I just want to go on record as saying:
FUCK FUCK FUCKERSON MCFUCKER FUCKHOLE FUCKITY FUCKERITA FUCKARAMALAMADINGDONG FUCKHEAD DOCTORS!!!!!

dawn said...

I agree whole heartedly. Talked to my doctor and we are waiting, once again, to hear from the hospital sometime between 11 and 12.