Friday, February 03, 2006

how dare that woman expose my child to **gasp** OPERA!

http://news.yahoo.com/s/ap/20060202/ap_en_tv/faust_video

So apparently some poor teacher is being raked over the coals for showing kids an opera video. Faust. Cause it had a sword, the devil, and a reference to suicide. Um, if I had a choice between talking about what the current administration is doing and or not doing around the world and in this country OR watching Faust, I gotta tell ya, Faust seems like child's play. Pardon the pun. By the same definitions, these stupid idiot shit ass parents better not be taking their kids to church cause I am not sure they are ready to hear about the devil there - weekly no less!- or about Salome ordering John the Baptist's head cut off or pretty much any story leading up to, hmmm, let me think, a fucking crucifixion. God damn ignorant fucks. Give me Faust over Barney any damn day...

5 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

When I was a 3rd grader, they gave us IQ tests, and the test administrator was aghast that I knew that Goethe had written Faust.
"Well, it's your damn test!" I said, kind of pissed off that she was getting upset with me, just for knowing the right answer. Jesus, what a bitch.

dawn said...

And why is that bad? Shouldn't she have been amazed in a good way? Was she pissed off you could pick out all the continents on a world map too?

Jege (Jen) said...

No, I think she was upset that such a tender young impressionable mind had thumbed through my parents' copy of Faust. I just remember thinking to myself, "Fuck that bitch. I'll read what I want."
I was a potty mouth even then.

dawn said...

That potty mouth is why we love you, Jege...

eM said...

Jege, this wasn't in Minot, was it? you KNOW they don't like smart chicks there!