Wednesday, February 08, 2006

green cheese

It's an oldy, but a goody. Green cheese. Now, to you and me that would be "cream" cheese, but to a 5 year old who is still catching the nuances of language, green cheese works just as well. And is worth fighting for - he still insists that that is what he heard and had at school on his bread. And really, I wasn't there, so who am I to contradict?

In the same vein, I have to pass on my 2 other all time favorite word misunderstandings. #2 comes from Eric's childhood when he would go around singing "Painted Love" instead of "Tainted Love." And #1 is from a former co-worker's 4 year old. He really loved Luke Skywalker, the Jedi Knife.

7 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Ah, the Jedi Knife.

dawn said...

Not to be confused with Darth Spoon...

Jege (Jen) said...

Or Obi-wan Garlic Press...

eM said...

or Jabba the spork?

dawn said...

I'm out, em wins.

Lisa said...

In our house it is Darf Fador.

Lisa said...
This comment has been removed by a blog administrator.