He likes to say it is because he feels it is a made up holiday. I somewhat agree but I happen to really enjoy my made up holiday (mother's day). I have never gotten him a father's day card - the man hates cards in general enough that I can't even remember the last time I got him a card for anything. I have never subjected him to the "World's Greatest Dad" tshirt nor have I gotten him anything that remotely says, "My child picked this out and now I feel obligated to wear it." As for the gifts he does get, none of them were extravagant, all were things he needed but wouldn't buy for himself until the one he currently has finally gives up and disintegrates. So I ask you, why does he hate it? I think I know....
I think that being an architect has him so wound up in a specific aesthetic that he just can't come out and admit that he would really like just one silly, kitchy and completely ugly Father's Day extravaganza-type gift that he could proudly wear in the the comfort of his own home. Where no one would see him. And next year, I am going to test my theory.
Tuesday, June 21, 2005
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment