Why? Cause labor is finite. It has a definite end where as potty training has gone on in one form or another for 2 years now. There are the accidents, the bed wettings, the learning to wipe and wash one's own hands. Our last lingering potty training hurdle? What my husband has accurately termed "the stealth poop." My son has taken to slipping away to the bathroom for his personal moment but has yet to catch on to the concept of flushing. Yes, flushing. Makes me yearn for the innocent days of the past when he would flush the toilet just because it was fun. Now I get a little present when I least expect it.
The kicker to this story? When you berate him for not flushing and insist on him going back to do it you get an "Okay, okay, I'll do it...." as if you are forcing him to waste his play time by doing something as silly and pointless as flushing. Parenthood is such a joy.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
at least with labor someone else has to clean up all the shit.
Amen, sister!
Post a Comment