Monday, February 14, 2005

trashy books - read me

Stephanie Laurens-If you like historical romances, this is your author. Good sex, decent plots and good characters. None of the "will they or won't they get together" crap. The only downside is that she has written so many that they start feeling extremely formulaic if you read them one right after the other. But I still read all that I can find... One caveat, if you want sex in your romance, stay away from her earlier regency romances.
Devil's Bride.The first of the Cynster series. All of them good.
A Rake's Vow. Vane Cynster
Scandal's Bride. Richard Cynster
A Rogue's Proposal. Demon Cynster. This one was tough, took forever to get to the "good" parts but when you got there, they were worth the wait.
A Secret Love. Gabriel Cynster. Hated the whole veiled lady thing.
All about Love. The is the first one I read and still my favorite. Lucifer Cynster.
All About Passion. It's actually about a friend of the Cynster family and although I liked most of it, the far fetched deranged woman part of the plot was a tad over the top.
The Promise in a Kiss
On a Wild Night. Amanda Cynster. Excellent read.
On a Wicked Dawn. Amelia Cynster.
The Perfect Lover. Simon Cynster
A Gentelman's Honor. A Bastion Club book. Tony Blake. Not my favorite but a decent read.
The Ideal Bride. Michael Anstruther-Wetherby

No comments: