Friday, September 12, 2008

um, aren't you supposed to ENCOURAGE people to fly?

So, I have been trying to book a flight back to the midwest online. There is no activity on god's green earth more fruitless than trying to buy airline tickets online. The only thing that comes close is trying to redeem frequent flier miles. Online.

I have gotten angry. I have gotten frustrated. I have wasted HOURS searching and I can only deal with it by using Schettler Zen. What the fuck. I can't change the assholes who are in charge of the airline industry. I like to imagine that the guy who decided to get on his lawnmower to go visit his brother cross country did so because he was so pissed about finding tickets online. I may not go that far, but I will definitely be reaching for a BIG drink.

3 comments:

Karla said...

When are you coming back... I may be able to hook you up with some cheap tickets....

dawn said...

You will have my undying love and gratitude. Especially if I don't have to fly through Newark, NJ to get to Milwaukee, WI - honestly, that was one route. WTF?????

Jege (Jen) said...

This little blurb is again very relevant:

http://www.mcsweeneys.net/2006/8/14sullivansullivan.html