Monday, September 15, 2008

an evening of learning...

Sunday night is Movie Night at the house. We eat supper in front of the tv and everything, which is so not my thing. Not only does it mean an hour and a half of reminding my kids to eat the food 2 inches in front of their faces, but the cleanup after is never fun - even though we go through the labor of rolling up the rug and bringing in wipable chairs for the kids. But they love it for obvious reasons.

Last night we were watching what I thought was a decent mix of educational (Families of Thailand) and entertaining (Carol Burnett Showstoppers). I learned that you really, really, REALLY don't want to be a mom in Thailand. Really.

And Sebastian? Well he learned something even more important from Carol Burnett. And I am not even talking the eyefull he got with all the fake boobs that were shown from Harvey Korman in drag to Carol as Charo's decidedly droopy mom (which is just fucking hilarious if you have never seen it).

No, what I am referring to is the exchange between Tim Conway and Harvey Korman that went something like this...

Tim: Have you ever tried Viagra?
Harvey: Me trying Viagra is a little like putting a new flag pole on a condemned building.

(laughter from audience and us)

Sebastian: What's "condemned" mean?

And another bullet dodged...

No comments: