Monday, September 08, 2008

princess and the pea


I am kicking myself that I didn't think to get a picture complete with the Princess herself, but this was the scene this evening at Chez Miller.

Charlotte decided to go head to head with her father over eating a pea. A pea. Singular. And she sat in that chair with much wailing and gnashing of teeth and tears for an entire HOUR (which all of our neighbors can verify) simply because she refused to eat A pea.

She's 2 and a half and let me say, this bodes ILL for the teenage years...

6 comments:

Jege (Jen) said...

Good for Charlotte; I HATE peas.

dawn said...

She will eat them, but only on HER terms. And that would be when they are freeze dried and a hundred bucks a pound at New Seasons...

Karla said...

So did she get rewarded with dessert after eating one little pea?

Lisa said...

I wouldn't worry so much about the teen years yet. It's those Terrible 3's that you really need to start worrying about. Don't you remember how horrible THAT age is? Though I do agree with Jege....peas suck.

dawn said...

It's so cute that you think she actually ATE the pea. If you look closely behind the milk in the picture you can see the one lonely pea sitting on the table. Waiting...

Karla said...

peas really do taste pretty much like dirt.