Wednesday, May 30, 2007

the 3 coat rule

Some of you may be wondering if my basement is finished yet since I haven't posted an update recently. To you, I laugh a hearty "hell no!"

But there is a sliver, a minute glow, an infinitesimal glimmer of hope on the horizon that it might, truly, get done. Now don't go all crazy and ask me WHEN it might actually get done, at this point I am quite thrilled to be even entertaining the thought of it getting done, period. And why? Why is there now hope where before there was a void of pain, not enough beer and copious amounts of depression? I got my husband to break his strict 3 coat rule on paint TWICE. And damn did it feel GOOD. For those of you who do not know, the 3 coat rule goes like this:

prime (1st coat)
sand (on walls, I usually get out of this step, on wood, it's a must)
paint (2nd coat)
sand
paint (3rd coat)

So if anyone wants to fuck with my husband's head when you some day come and see the final, finished basement, ask if there is a reason why there aren't 3 coats of paint on the ceiling in the closet...

No comments: