It's the end of an era. At 6 my son is now savvy enough to understand that we are spelling things in front of him that we don't want him to understand AND he is far enough along in learning to read that we can't be sure what he does and doesn't know how to spell. Plus, let's be honest, my spelling sucks enough anyway that the really long words get tedious to think out in my head and then verbalize letter by letter.... But I digress.
Now, H-O-T seems innocent enough to say in front of a kid but my husband happened to be asking me about Halloween costumes that I had witnessed earlier that evening on some of the other moms and wanted to know if they were h-o-t or s-e-x-y. Really, just not a subject I wanted to explain to my son on a night when he was going to see god knew what as costumes anyway. Luckily Halloween night provides easy distractions and we are now warned that spelling is now b-a-d in the house.
Wednesday, November 01, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment