Last night I experienced the scream heard round the world or at the very least, my neighborhood. My daughter, lungs of steel, had something funky going on last night and she was going to let the world know. I didn't even know a body that small could make a noise that loud. She was putting the dinosaurs in Jurassic Park to SHAME. I still have no idea what the hell the problem was - take your pick from gas to an ear infection to a bad dream or growing pains maybe her arm had fallen asleep but she was seriously pissed and she wasn't going to suffer alone. The most amazing part of it all was, after close to 2 hours of some hard core window rattling screeching, my 6 yr old was still asleep. I have never been so jealous of him in my life...
As an addendum to this post: I found out last night that absolutely everything in my house creaks including my own body. Never is the house louder than when trying to put a baby to sleep at 1am. Every floor board **creaks**. Every step on the hard woods **echoes**. Every joint in my knees **pops**. I could use a gallon of household oil in one bedroom alone. Of course, when I am up again the next day I completely forget my vow to oil everything possible until I try putting her down to nap again to the usual symphony of noises.
Friday, November 17, 2006
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
2 comments:
I heard that scream! It woke me up! :)
Jesus, no shit. Saturday morning she woke us all up practicing the same scream. God, I knew girls did the screaming thing more than boys but this sucks...
Post a Comment