Tuesday, November 14, 2006

orville redenbacher is turning over in his grave aka sweetie, you really can't freeze everything...

So, I am cleaning up my kitchen, as I am want to do, and I innocently open up the freezer to put the ice cube trays back. What is staring at me? Sad. Cold. Undoubtably limp. A half eaten bag of microwaved popcorn. Yes, popcorn. Popped popcorn. In my freezer. Courtesy of my husband who firmly believes that everything can (and should) be put in the freezer to extend its shelf life. I am just waiting for the day, 6 months from now if it need be, that he comes to me with the munchies asking for some junk food at which point I will perk up and excitedly point to the freezer where his sad bag of popped popcorn will be waiting for the thaw....

2 comments:

dawn said...

Geez, it's Eric. He once froze red wine. "We can use it later to cook, can't we?"

I rest my case.

eM said...

okay-on the red wine thing, I admit I had the same theory. When prego, i didn't want to drink, but I wanted a sip (seriously, like 1/2 tsp) of wine on occasion. Soooo, i made wine cubes! I don't think i ever even finished one of the cubes, i'd just thaw it out, have a sip and throw it.

but the popcorn is really taking it a step too far, I agree :)